A List Of Fresh Law Dissertation Proposal Ideas For University
Laws govern our daily lives. They tell us what to do and what not to do but very few outside of the legal profession have a clear understanding of how they work and the limits to what can be enforced.
Because of the complexity of legal studies, many of the topics that can be considered for dissertations will seem unappealing when viewed at first. This need not be the case. There are many things that have fascinating legal aspects just waiting to be explored by the right person.
If you are up to the challenge of proposing a dissertation that is a little out of the box, consider one of the following ideas:
- Can a case be made for the abolition of property laws in the spirit of Rousseau?t
- Should the laws governing Parliament be upgraded to ensure that its privileges cannot be abused?t
- Should globalization lead to a greater level of homogeneity in the laws of different countries?t
- Should laws against homelessness be thrown out unless accommodated by policies that provide housing to the socially displaced?t
- Can the legal system fully provide protection to groups that often face workplace discrimination?t
- Should the precedent of recognizing the environment as a legal person be adopted internationally?t
- Can laws that prevent leaders from seeking multiple terms in office be considered an infringement on the rights of voters?t
- For countries in which LGBT sexual relations remain illegal, what loopholes can be used to restore rights?t
- Can the Law be simplified in order for people to understand it without law degrees?t
- Is there a case for the reintegration of Church and State in the modern United States of America?t
- To what extent does the law allow for the descendants of the victims of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade to sue nations that benefited from that atrocity?t
- Should intelligent non-human animals be granted legal person-hood in order for their habitats to be protected from commercial interests?t
- How intelligent does an artificially intelligent machine need to be before it should be granted rights equal to those of an animal or human?t
- Has the Westminster System outlived its usefulness and if so, what could replace it?t
- North Korea’s Legal System: A case study on the laws that support a dynastic cult of personalityt
Laws tend to change gradually in the absence of revolutions. If your paper happens to uncover something that changes the world, prepare to wait a bit for it to be enacted.